Take the first step toward personal renewal – join us for services this Sunday@ 9AM
We are interdenominational and therfore share many comparable religious ideas.
LOST BRIDGE COMMUNITY CHURCH
The mission of Lost Bridge Community Church, a uniquely beautiful church overlooking Beaver Lake, is to glorify God through worship, grow in and share our faith, create a loving fellowship, and to serve our community and beyond.
~~This We Believe~~
GUIDELINES OF FAITH
LOST BRIDGE COMMUNITY CHURCH
WE BELIEVE that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired word of God and are inerrant in the original writing and that their teachings and authority are absolute, supreme and final.
WE BELIEVE in One God in three persons, Creator of all things, and that He eternally exists in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
WE BELIEVE in the personality and deity of Jesus Christ begotten of the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man.
WE BELIEVE in the personality of the Holy Spirit whose ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict of sin, to regenerate and to indwell the believer, empowering the believer for service to God.
WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, that His body was raised from the dead according to the Scriptures and that He ascended bodily into heaven and sits at the right hand of God as the believer's only Advocate.
WE BELIEVE in the sinfulness of man, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and need a Savior from sin.
WE BELIEVE in the atonement: that Jesus Christ became the sinner's sacrifice before God and died as the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.
WE BELIEVE in the necessity of the new birth: that Salvation is by grace through faith and not of works, but that. saving faith will result in good works in the life of the believer; and we believe that each individual must personally accept the gift of salvation offered by God through His Son on the cross.
WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of the body, both of the just believer and the unjust unbeliever; the just to everlasting life and blessedness and the unjust unbelievers to everlasting punishment according to the Scriptures.
WE BELIEVE that the supreme mission of the Church (the body of believers) in this age is to present the Gospel of Salvation to every creature; and that the true church is united together in the body of Christ who is its Head.
WE BELIEVE that only those who have through faith in the work of Jesus Christ in their behalf upon the cross and have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit into Christ's Body, the Church, shall be eligible for membership in the local church. We believe in partaking of the Lord's Supper in remembrance of Him and in baptism as a public confession of an inner rebirth, both of which are not to be considered, however, as means or necessary for salvation.
WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
WE BELIEVE in the second coming of Christ according to the Scriptures and that this Blessed Hope will have a vital effect in the personal life and service of the believer.
AS TO POLICIES:
- Since LOST BRIDGE COMMUNITY CHURCH is made up of various religious backgrounds, we have established the following policies:
- To make a clear presentation of the Gospel,
- To avoid all controversial doctrines and political issues,
- To avoid the discussion of cults and sects except to be able to discern such and therefore avoid them, and,
- To strive at all times to maintain a spirit of love and unity.
- Membership in LOST BRIDGE COMMUNITY CHURCH shall be granted upon the testimony of personal belief in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord before the minister and congregation.
- Matters of business, policy, etc. shall be decided by a majority vote of the members present at any duly-called official meeting. Fifty-one percent of membership shall constitute a quorum.
- The above Guidelines and Policies were accepted by the eleven original members in November 1975.
- The above Policies were accepted at a Congregation Meeting on June 12, 1994